Why Does The Conservative Party Even Exist?
Why would Canadians in their right state of mind vote for a political party that:
1) has disdain for human rights,
2) protects corporate tyrants at the expense of the people and the earth,
3) shuts down Parliament if things don’t go their way,
4) classifies the Raging Grannies as political extremists and silences dissenters generally,
5) mounts a national campaign to "de-unionize" the workforce and suppress labour power,
6) carries out rampant cronyism,
7) sneakily but actively promotes a 25 year objective to abolish our healthcare system
8) makes brutal funding cuts to organizations promoting human rights and women's equality,
9) shows contempt for the million and a half Canadians living in poverty…in Harper’s own words, "…I don't feel particularly bad for many of these people. They don't feel bad about it themselves, as long as they're receiving generous social assistance and unemployment insurance."
10) …a prime minister that has told the BC Report magazine that human rights commissions "…are an attack on our fundamental freedoms and the basic existence of a democratic society"
11) Considered the Kyoto Accord a "socialist scheme designed to suck money out of rich countries"
12) has shut down scientific opinion by silencing scientists across the country…
13) …the list of offences just goes on and on…
Have we gone mad? Have Aliens visited us and sprinkled nasty dust in the air to screw up our thinking? Or have we simply gone nuts…a genetic breakdown maybe that no one knew was coming...No?
If neither case holds true, then we’ll have some explaining to do to those who come after us. Our children and grandchildren will ask, with good reason, why didn’t you do something about this?